Childs Cantey Thrasher
firstname.lastname@example.org | 803-803-569-6100
Childs Cantey Thrasher is a driven litigator who has built her practice on the foundation of accessibility, competence and efficiency. With a focus on business and commercial matters, including contracts, construction and environmental litigation, and corporate and individual representation, she has extensive litigation and commercial law experience.
Prior to creating the Law Office of Childs Cantey Thrasher to become more client-centered, Childs served in both the public and private sectors: first, as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of South Carolina where she litigated both civil and criminal matters, and then, as an attorney with one of the State’s leading law firms representing corporate and individual clients throughout the southeast.
Childs currently serves as a Commissioner on the South Carolina Ethics Commission as appointed by Governor Henry McMaster and was elected Chair of the Commission in 2019.
- South Carolina
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- Vermont Law School, M.S.E.L.
- Washington and Lee University, B.A.
Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Richland County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Legal Elite of the Midlands – Environmental Law 2013, 2017, 2018
- Leadership Columbia, Class XLI, 2014
- South Carolina Ethics Commission, Chair
- South Carolina Arts Foundation Board, Past President
- Heathwood Hall Episcopal School Board of Trustees